European Voluntary Service
We are happy that you want to get more information about our voluntary position
We invite you to join us for one year with the European Voluntary Service. You would begin your stay in Germany in September.
Please note: we have received a lot of applications this year and are currently reviewing and selecting candidates. New applications are no longer possible.
Every two years we organize the "Greifswald International Students Festival" which gives our association its funny name. The festival's aim is to connect students from all over the world in dialogue beyond nationalities, race or religion. It provides a platform for exchanging ideas and enables discussion on current topics. Last year, we hosted the 9th Greifswald International Students Festival under the title „Beyond Borders - Where are Your Limits?“. We will continue our work and prepare the next festival - GrIStuF 2020 – under the title „From Ego to Echo“ and you can be a part of this.
The goal of the festival next year is to give the participants key skills to understand the problems humanity is facing today. We will discuss the importance of everyone's responsibility for the global society.
This is what we stand for
GrIStuF is a safe place where everybody's opinion matters.
We are international and don't tolerate racism, hate and discrimination of any kind. We stand for something rather than against something.
We support democratic structures and stand up for our values. This way we are political, but don't support a specific party.
We are organising cultural events and use them as a plattform to share our ideas & values in the city, our region, and eventually the whole world.
What we offer
Next to our big project „GrIStuF“, we organize other events such as the „Fête de la Musique“ each year in June, and our famous „Running Dinner“ twice a year. We also host „living room concerts“ and a radio show.
As our EVS volunteer you will get insights into the planning and organization of events, as well as their funding process and public relations. You will be part of the decision process of GrIStuF 2020. During your year as a volunteer you could for example develop your own ideas for thematical workshops, movie screenings or podium discussions for the festival.
We brainstromed a bit and we thought about a few taks that could be yours during your year here:
- support our PR team and contribute to our Social Media pages, write press releases or take photos during the events.
- as we try to make the radio show more international get in touch with the international community in Greifswald and invite them to host it together with you.
- help the group finding and maintaining contact with sponsors and supporters of all our events.
- get creative and organize parties and concerts, or create the decoration for our venues.
- be the GrIStuF delegate at the student festival network (SOrCE) meetings and other festivals
- get involved in one of our Team to organize the festival. I could be either the cultural events or the content of the workshops or the whole logistics behind it
At GrIStuF you will also work closely together with the city’s various cultural and social institutions. We are all volunteering so you won‘t have to work from 9 am to 5 pm but have a more flexibel working shedule, as the meetings are sometines in the evening or on the weekends.
All this might seem confusing at first. However, we have two basic agreements, which should vanish all your concerns and doubts about becoming a GrIStuF member into thin air: First, you will be introduced to our work in detail and with a lot of patience. We are very happy to share our experience and knowledge with you and look forward to learn from you, too. Second, every member can decide on his/her own, which kind of activities she/ he would like to do.
What we expect
As you could see, organizing our diverse event requires all kinds of skills and there are various tasks you can choose from. Of course, you don’t have to be interested in all of them. We will offer you a range of possible tasks of which you will chose the most interesting to you. Further, we also encourage and expect you to come up with your own ideas during your EVS stay. The most important is that you can work in autonomy, as we can‘t be with you all the time at the office.
Nevertheless you should bring the following skills to ensure we will work together well:
- Good English skills (written and spoken), German skills would be great as some tasks have to be done in German
- Willingness to work in a group
- Confidence within discussions
- Ability to work indipendently
- Ability to take initiative
- Willingness to learn
- Experiences in the field of your choice
We are looking forward to reading your application and getting to know you soon! Please note that you necessarily have to begin your EVS stay with us in September 2019. A later beginning is not possible.
For any questions and / or your application please send a message to info[@]gristuf.org
- Longterm EVS in Greifswald, Germany
- Beginning: 01.09.2019
- End: 31.08.2020
- Costs: None!
- Travel refund depending on your country of origin
- Pocket Money: 361€ / month
- Free accommodation in a shared flat with other volunteers and/or students, but with your own room
- Free German language course